Junior Sharae Campbell is one of the top players on the ND girls varsity basketball team. She leads the Lady Bulldogs in all major statistical categories, which include points (12.5), rebounds (4.0), assists (2.0) and minutes played (30.0). In a 56-45 loss to Thomas Jefferson on Friday, Campbell scored 33 points.
“Sharae has been fantastic for us this year,” said Jeremy Mason, ND girls varsity basketball coach. “She has been reliable, durable and the ultimate team player. A lot is on her plate each and every time we step out on the court and she’s answered the call all season long.
“It’s been a pleasure coaching Sharae and watching her game evolve. She’s developed a really sweet touch around the basket area, and continues to work on her overall game.”
Sharae took a few minutes to answer a few questions:
• Grade: 11th
• College: I would like to attend Texas A&M-Kingsville
• School activities: Cross country, basketball and softball
• Hobbies: playing video games, working out and Tumblr
• Three words people use to describe me: honest, smart and athletic
• I’m most proud of: being able get along with most people
• My favorite subject: is pre-Calculus. I really like all math.
• My favorite restaurant: any place that sells wings.
• My favorite movie: Twilight
• My favorite musical artist: Brendon Urie
• Top three songs on my playlist: “Besitos” by Pierce the Veil; “There’s A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven’t Thought Of It Yet” by Panic ! At The Disco; and “Ode To Sleep” by Twenty One Pilots
• I wish I knew how to: dance
• If I could travel anywhere, I would go to: Europe because the scenery is so beautiful and all of the old buildings are architectural greatness.
• Best advice I ever received was: just to stay true to myself and don’t let anyone change who I am.
• The person that inspires me: I wouldn’t say anyone inspires me because I do not try to follow the path of anyone.
• One thing people don’t know about me is: that I really care about a lot of people but I choose not to show it.
• What I like best about North Dallas is: most of the people that go here. If I hadn’t transferred to this school, I wouldn’t have made some of the best friendships I’ve ever had. I love all of my friends at this school.
• If I could change one thing at ND, I would: make the students more passionate about the school and give them more Bulldog pride.
• Any final comments: I’m happy to be at North Dallas. My teachers are amazing and all of them want the best for all of their students. I am really blessed to have teachers like that here.